Accu-Chek Combo System
The FDA has just recently cleared the release of a revolutionary product meant to change the way we measure blood sugar and pump insulin. It seems clear that with the Accu-Chek Combo System is meant to help people with diabetes deal with checking blood sugar levels and managing insulin everyday in a discreet manner. Check out these revolutionary features of the Accu-Chek Combo System:
- The Accu-Chek Combo system seamlessly combines a blood-glucose meter with an insulin pump
- Exchanges data in both directions via Bluetooth wireless technology
- The Accu-Chek Combo system quickly tests blood-glucose levels and allows users to remotely operate the insulin pump
- Provides support in defining the right amount of insulin
- Allows for a discreet insulin administration without the need to touch the pump
The Accu-Chek Combo system also features:
- A full-color display that brings to life blood-glucose data, insulin dose information and pump settings;
- Flexibility to adjust the basal rate to as low as 0.05 units per hour — in increments as precise as 0.01 units; and
- An insulin cartridge that holds up to 315 units of insulin, one of the largest capacities among pumps sold in the U.S.From what we have heard of the Accu-Chek Combo System, it could revolutionize the way people with diabetes test and inject insulin.
Blood test results are stored in the meter so that they can be accessed and viewed in a way similar to the type of online software some may have used with other meters.
This information is essentially an on-board ‘paperless’ diary keeping track of everything you need related to your insulin intake and levels.
Accu-Chek Combo System is a new product so please stay tuned for updates as they become available.